Sunday, June 15, 2014

Travel - Alfriston in East Sussex.

I did a spin around the entire East Sussex area and stumbled upon the lovely Medieval village of Alfriston. The High Street has a brilliant interiors shop, tea rooms, lovely Inns, and the best edited bookshop I have seen in years.



The George Inn


Could we eat here please?


Diana Kelly's shop. 


This lady knows about fabric. 


Much Ado books. 
Interesting. Cozy. Welcoming with a gaggle of great works by Bloomsbury authors. 



It will always be so. 





Thank you Glen and thank you owners 
Cate Olson and Nash Robbins for making me feel at home. 


The cakes at Badgers tea house pulled me right in the door.
http://www.badgersteahouse.com/home/





My lunch. 


Of course the Royal Mail. 

4 comments:

  1. Reminds me of some BBC series, or Masterpiece Theatre

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for a very nice article Kathleen. Alfriston is such a quaint little town, very picture post card during the summer months.

    I posted an article on Battle Abbey and the surrounding area you may also be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I loved being there. Saw your article on Battle Abbey. Well done.
      Kind regards.

      Delete
  3. The High Street has a brilliant interiors shop, tea rooms, lovely Inns, and the best edited bookshop I have seen in years. minibus hire cardiff
    minibus hire barnsley
    minibus hire slough
    minibus hire scarborough
    cheap minibus coach hire

    ReplyDelete