Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nora Ephron keeps right on giving. She speaks to me.

I have 179 emails in my inbox, but I ignore them and go back to reading Nora Ephron. With all this heat it's the only thing I can focus on. Los Angeles has been about 95 degrees for weeks in a row.

I am reading the chapter called "My Life as a Meat Loaf," when Graydon Carter opened a restaurant in New York and put Nora's Meat Loaf on the menu. It had it's ups and downs, patrons tried to adjust it and everybody put their hand in until it was no good and flopped on the plate. Eventually they took it off the menu, but in the mean time, it wasn't exactly what Nora thought of when she used to play a game called "if you could have something named after you, what would it be?"

That got me to thinking, wow, if if I could have something named after me, what would it be?

I would name the ___________________ Kathleen.  Child? Ship? Chair? Car? Dog? Peony? Souffle? KKKKKKKathleen?


No comments:

Post a Comment