Friday, April 6, 2012

April, Poetry Month - Kathleen Blurock - The Love Poems

The Love Poems
Kathleen Blurock


4.

i LOVE you and          LOVE
is not final. 
Love is all I have
                  Master stamped upon me.
Bone to bone it lives within me
the thread of silken memory
remains alive inside my heart

All the petals of the flower
My lovers
My husbands
My friends.

The artist       the Photographer  
The Elitist whose taste was a thing to
behold.
The mother who forgot herself for others.
The wife, trapped inside the marriage.
The hangers on - like crystals, their
water frozen in the caves of their bodies.
                I love you.

The poet, the decorator, the attorney
aster craftsman at keeping ahead of the game.

The athlete south African whalebone,
the sensitive heart the painter, now dead,
I love you.
People tell me what they cannot tell
others
I hold their memories.
The silken threads twist
bone to bone between friends.

The high school classmate who lives on in the place of our birth, holding what the place IS, or what the place WAS, and over time turns the memory holy and passes it between us as one passes the beads of a rosary.

Spirit of June
Mother of the Universe,
Spirit of Venus, lady of animals, star of the sea,
                               spirit of Mnemosonye
Greek goddess of memory,        Mother of the muses,

Friends fall away,
                          focus shifts
      and love is
                      an open pushcart of airborne doves          Beckett's
                                                 face
snow on evergreens in the forest,
what forest, any forest
painting of gold tiles above a bed dressed in cream and lace
Deibenkorn's black highway      swathed in green


LOVE is
           syncopations in time
barebacked Picasso
His poach coddle, his mandatory, his
overleaf swirl face

wide eyed PLATONIC

                                               LOVE IS
the spotlight of tide pools near the sea

the heavy silk folds on my evening
gown
We covet what is forbidden.

The Mona Lisa
The starlit night
The twisted steel in Denmark

We LOVE what we LOVE

the landscape
the mountains
the oceans

your name       my name

our home.




This is #4 in a group called THE LOVE POEMS, written by Kathleen Blurock 2008.

SHARE this with friends.
Watch for #5 during April, National Poetry month.

Kathleen Matson Blurock lives in Los Angeles, California. She has written 8 chapbooks, produced and directed a short film on makeup, Ritual 93, published interviews with film director Henry Jaglom and actor Viveca Lindfors, and acted in Jaglom’s VENICE/VENICE, SHOPPING and HOLLYWOOD DREAMS. 


Follow me on TWITTER   @kblurock      


Follow me on FACEBOOK: 




https://www.facebook.com/kathleenblurock










1 comment:

  1. Visual depictions of love basically are too wonderful. I love quotations that connect to love as they may actually focus on implicit
    desires within every one of us truly effectively. It's kind of weird how whenever I read a quotations on love I get overwhelmed with emotion, particularly the depressing quotes. Ciao!
    Feel free to visit my web page :: quotations on love

    ReplyDelete