Friday, January 6, 2012

Across the Universe - Back to California

 It never ceases to amaze me. We are there, then we are here. From the agricultural community of Fife at 45 degrees to the metropolis of Los Angeles at 80. Lovely. I can't look down at Greenland, though, gives me the pip.
I read Diane Keaton instead. Alarmingly funny, honest, astonishing, particularly the list of what she ate in her early New York days with bulimia. Gosh, that she can be so truthful, and kept it to herself all these years. I admire that.


Back to Los Angeles, the views, the weather, the fabulous movies that are all waiting to be seen, the new series 2 of Downton Abbey on PBS, farmer's market, flea market, art museums, writing, reading, cooking, exercise and participation next week in ROOM TO READ.

Please write me, tell me how your world is turning.

Monday, February 12, 1951

"...I must consider this work as a way of life which is never going to change, not as a book to be finished this year or next. That is the only way it will ever get done. I must not want to get it done. There should be no sense of right or wrong, beauty or ugliness, but only relationships of one kind or another..."   - John Steinbeck journal entry in writing EAST OF EDEN. 

No comments:

Post a Comment