Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Charles Bukowski - Poetry

air and light and time and space  


"you know, I've either had a family, a job, something 
has always been in the 
way
but now
I've sold my house, I've found this 
place, a large studio, you should see the space 
and the light
 for the first time in my life I"m going to have a place and the time to 
create."


no, baby, if you're going to create 
you're going to create whether you work 
16 hours a day in a coal mine
or 
you're going to create in a small room with 3 children 
while you're on 
welfare, 
you're going to create with part of your mind and your 
body blown 
away, 
you're going to create blind
crippled 
demented, 
you're going to create with a cat crawling up your 
back while 
the whole city trembles in earthquake, bombardment, 
flood and fire. 


baby, air and light and time and space 
have nothing to do with it 
and don't create anything 
except maybe a longer life to find 
new excuses 
for.                                          - Charles Bukowski 
                                                            THE LAST NIGHT OF THE EARTH POEMS
I tell myself to remember this, always.



No comments:

Post a Comment