Monday, January 24, 2011

Los Angeles what a week.....

Here's the view from my terrace window. I live in LA. I love it. Ok, Ok, I know the traffic is bad, but the upside is the neighborhoods have improved, by a long shot, better eating, better shopping, more movies. This week was packed. Saw an evening with Joel Grey at the Paley Center for Media and watched fabulous old film of his early days on TV. I hit the Los Angeles Art Show in downtown and was gobsmacked by John Baldessari's A to Z collection, sold as a set in mixgrafia, as well as Michele Mattei's glorious flowers in photography. Did the girl thing & bought new capri pants at J.Crew. Jumped into the writing life again with Jack Grapes and his merry band of pranksters, poets and tempest tossed writers. Spent a lovely Saturday evening at the Colburn School of Music downtown for a Brahms concert, and did the flea market in Santa Monica yesterday with Lisa. Finished off the week with dinner at Angelini Osteria, my favorite restaurant in town. I mean really, the weather is 75, the rest of the country is in the deep freeze and even though my car needs some repair from the major pot holes in Wilshire Blvd., I can't complain about this city. LA? I love it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen - I stumbled upon your blog via your recent photo of Hollywood and I thought I would drop you a note to say how much I enjoyed this post. I am a native Angeleno, a professional artist by trade for the entertainment industry and a fellow blogger, and I, too, love this city. Even with all of its flaws.

    I noticed you (sort of) just started your blog about a year ago, but think you are doing a great job, so far. Keep up the good writing and continue to focus on interesting topics. You're doing great!

    Thank you for sharing,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete