Monday, April 26, 2010

The City of our Final Destination

...is the new James Ivory picture that is not playing anywhere near here, so we watched SUNSET BLVD last night instead, and I got so into Gloria Swanson's rendering of Norma Desmond (we'll do another picture, and another picture) I forgot to blog. I forgot everything for the moment, like packing for Scotland where it's 60's and raining, like packing for my own Hollywood movie and my vision of 1930's Fred Astaire sets with quilted satin headboards, white walls and marabou, like packing the kitchen, the bedroom, the office. Oy, the office. There are at least 30 boxes of books, but that's ok. I'm taking them with me. I'm taking all of it with me, for the next installment in my movie. Cut. Print it. Next scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment