Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Poetry - Carrie White - BLACK AND WHITE MOVIES

Reading fellow writer Carrie White's recent memoir UPPER CUT,
Highlights of My Hollywood Life was like riding in one of those tour buses through town, like a time machine through Hollywood in the 60's, 70's and 80's, like a madcap whirlwind of a "party time," glamour, palm trees, swimming pools and sun, with Robert Evans, Sue Mengers, Jack Nicholson and Warren Beatty come to life. I marvel at the parallel in our lives, the places we probably passed right by each other and how Hollywood in the 70's affected my own decision to leave Ohio and travel west.

The ride through those decades and her honesty in telling her story is something to behold. Read it. And if you are lucky, Carrie will have one of her early poetry chapbooks for you to read too. http://www.thecarriewhite.com/post/12771858417/i-dont-have-a-question-your-book-answered-all-and
Follow me and SHARE this with your friends.



Here is a poem from BLACK AND WHITE MOVIES, a prayer to tweet, share, like, pin, photograph, blog, instant message and hey, even use the phone to call me up and talk about.




People, Places and Prayer
by Carrie White

Dear Heavenly Father
I thank you for your heavenliness
all the wisdom of the universe
the bodies of life and their infinite intricacy
a sun and moon and ocean of consistency
a heart that beats beyond control
the intangible place for love
the expandable space of soul
the workings of mind and memory
the coincidence and connections of affinity
the ability to grow
the desire to know
the unfolding of a flower
how sometimes fast and sometimes slow
that time is the same in any hour
how teaching is a learning game
how the reverse can be the same
which brings me to my question
about existence or purpose on this plain
is it for the lessons or awareness
of the garden
I know only by service we gain
yet why some lives so joyful
while others filled with pain?
I do my best
I guess
I choose with what I'm wired
and no matter how good at the job of this life
at the end we all are fired
I make requests
not that often
my relationships with you is enough
the details vary
it's still just stuff
my wholeself feels I love you
I believe in all my world
I am extremely blessed
I am a lucky girl
My children are the greatest gifts
My family are my friends
I understand and stand in my way
and once more I must say
Heavenly Father
I am grateful
for each moment of every day. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU Kathleen. I appreciate your support and seeing this somewhere besides tucked away in Black and White Movies....its breathing now...ox

    ReplyDelete