Monday, January 10, 2011

Poetry Workshop: Richard Jones & Jack Grapes


SHARE with a friend.


Richard Jones:
"I don't paint what I see
             I paint what I want you to see."





Jack Grapes:
"Write poems that are so light
they                               God."
        fly        up    to    








The workshop was sublime, a meal, delicious, funny, embracing and hit that spot in the solar plexus, sexus, nexus. It's not so important, it's only poetry. Make a list and write from that. Write like you talk. The poem represents you, and your rodeo, it's everlasting.

"There is a desk in my office,
but I want a larger desk,
a much larger desk,
in a bigger room
with all my bookshelves,
yes
with ALL of my books around me.
This is a serviceable desk,
but I need a bigger desk,
a wider desk,
an enormous desk for my enormous appetite
because that is where I live,
that's where I imagine
that's where I dream
and tell the           truth
that's where I am a girl
that's where I am a writer.
My paradise is my desk.
That is where
I want to
stay
where I arrest
the rush
yes
the rush
of course
the rush
and the speed of the world."
               - Kathleen

1 comment:

  1. I know why Jack Grapes is kissing Richard Jones. Because Richard Jones is kissable. Yes, he is lovable. In addition to being a superb poet, he is one of the sweetest guys on the planet.

    ReplyDelete